RAPs have no associated reimbursement in 2021 but carry a monetary penalty if not filed timely and the same will be true for the NOA. The NOA potentially carries a more significant penalty punch and agencies must be prepared. This session will review some of the key areas of concern with both and guide agencies to compliance.
- Review current claims processing issues log at the Medicare MAC and identify how agencies can track their issues
- Review statistics regarding the No Pay RAP
- Outline penalty and how agencies monitor
- Review the details for NOA regulation from the Proposed Final Rule
- Review Claims Processing Manual for Updates
- Detail the plan of attack for agencies to succeed with NOA implementation in 2022
Melinda A. Gaboury, with more than 29 years in home care, has over 20 years of executive speaking and educating experience, including extensive day to day interaction with home care and hospice professionals. She routinely conducts Home Care and Hospice Reimbursement Workshops and speaks at state association meetings throughout the country. Melinda has profound experience in Medicare PDGM training, billing, collections, case-mix calculations, chart reviews and due diligence. UPIC, RA, ADR & TPE appeals with all Medicare MACs have become the forefront of Melinda’s current impact on the industry. She is currently serving on the NAHC/HHFMA Advisory Board and Work Group and is Treasurer on the Home Care Association of Florida Board of Directors. Melinda is also the author of the Home Health OASIS Guide to OASIS-D1 and Home Health Billing Answers, 2021.