The home health industry in in the middle of a reimbursement change from volume to value. The metrics which define success are changing. Margins in home care have been reduced and therapy, like nursing is now a cost center. Showing good outcomes has never been more important. Getting your OASIS correct at the SOC is the key to your agency’s reimbursement and outcomes. In this session, we will review the most common mistakes we see agencies making around the country and changes agencies need to be aware of from OASIS D to OASIS-D1, including the new functional score calculations and the use of the equal sign.
• Understand why getting the SOC right is so important to your agency
• Understand how the changes the home health industry has had in the last 5 years are actually part of the industry payment model change
• Understand the new metrics for success
• Understand how to prove medical necessity and homebound status in the OASIS
• Understand how clinicians are missing the mark with data
• Understand how OASIS data sets risk adjustment for your agency
• Understand common OASIS mistakes
Kristi Bajer BSN, RN, COS-C
VP of Clinical Operations, OperaCare, LLC
Kristi Bajer BSN, RN, COS-C, started her home health career as an RN case manager. Over time she became the Director of Nursing, Administrator and most recently, Regional Director over 6 agencies in Texas. As a regional director, she facilitated four successful accreditation surveys by The Joint Commission and used evidence-based practice and reduced her agencies readmissions by 70%. Kristi works with agencies to align processes and efficiencies to meet PDGM and RCD standards. She teaches agencies how to use data along with the QA team to ensure OASIS accuracy and drive clinical care to increase patient outcomes.
Members - $99.00, Non-Members - $149.00